Remote Resources for Bigs and Families
Keep your eyes on this page for updates concerning COVID-19 and Big Brothers Big Sister of Southwest Idaho.
- We recommend that matches stop meeting in person, due to the risk of spreading the corona virus. We are evaluating this decision ongoing and will provide you updates as we are able. We will continue to be in touch with all of our matches on a regular basis.
- We ask for everyone to stay in contact, and it is our hope to provide you with lots of ideas on how to do this that moving forward. In this current situation, we’re asking our matches to “meet” at least one time per month, however we strongly encourage more connectivity during this time of social distancing. We need each other now more than ever, even if it is from far away.
- As you come up with ideas, please share them with us and we will get them out to the greater group. Humans are social creatures and in this time of social distancing, we need to find unique ways to interact each other without meeting face to face. We want your ideas so we can celebrate them and share them with our other matches.
- We will begin sending the "Big News" out weekly to keep fresh ideas coming your way starting on Monday, the 23rd. (It may go to your spam folder, so if you don’t see this electronic newsletter in your inbox, please check there.)
- Share the joy and the hope. Please take pictures of the ways you are communicating with your Little/Big so we can share with the world how we are working to get through this, together!
Our friends and community partners have compiled incredible lists of resources. Please click the buttons below to view them.